Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a restful, yet, fun-filled vacation. It’s wonderful to see everyone! We have a busy month of learning ahead.
A few things to remember:
- Pizza money is due on Thursday’s
- No school on Monday, January 21 in observance of Martin Luther King jr.
- Students are to read EVERY NIGHT and log the books they have finished on their reading logs - either Just Right Books and/or Nonfiction for a total of 20 (or more) minutes. Please, make time to read EACH AND EVERY DAY.
- We have an assembly on Friday, January 4th at 1:30pm called The Brain Challenge
- We have an assembly on Thursday, January 24th at 1:30 with the Magic Masters
In Reading Workshop, we are continuing our work with nonfiction and exploring the main ideas of texts. We will begin to read more nonfiction passages and answer multiple choice questions. You will see this as homework once a week.
In Writing Workshop, we have three weeks to publish our persuasive letter essays. We are writing about our opinions on certain topics based on factual information. For example, one topic that came up, Springs School needs a Bigger playground. We are perfecting our paragraph writing skills.
In Math, we are moving on to chapter 6 - all about division. Please, continue to log on to xtramath.org at home. Your child needs to be a master at their multiplication facts!!
In Social Studies, we are wrapping up our landforms unit. We will take a test in the next two weeks. You will see a study guide come home. Then, we are moving on to learn all about China.
In grammar, we are talking about adjectives.
In science with Mr. Knight, we are learning about the physics of sound.
I look forward to a wonderful 2019 year ahead. We are certainly off to a great start. On another note, we continue to have Social Emotional Learning with Mrs. Allam on Mondays - at times you will see the home-link come home in your childs homework folder.
Please, let me know if anything comes up!