Third grade is really flying by and December is just a few short days away. I was very happy to speak to all of you at Parent Teacher Conferences. We all are super busy this time of year and want to first begin with a few dates to remember;
- Tomorrow, November 29th is Picture Retake Day. If your child is getting retakes, just let me know and I can send them down to get their photos done.
- PARP has begun. Slips are due on Tuesday! Since reading is assigned for homework EVERY NIGHT, I am hoping all students return their signed logs on Tuesday.
- Keep in mind your child should be reading for a minimum of 20 minutes every night
- We will make Gingerbread Houses with our Buddies on Thursday, December 20th. A note will go home soon.
- Our class will be shopping at the Penguin Patch on Wednesday, December 5th at 11:15. More information will go home!
We’re busy learning;
In Reading Workshop, we are reading nonfiction and focusing on Main Idea and Text Evidence to support it. The students may read fiction or nonfiction at home. Many nights, we have separate Nonfiction Reading Assignments for home.
In Writing Workshop, we are writing persuasive letters. We have brainstormed a list of wants we may have at home, at school, in the community or in the world. Such fun writing!
In Math, continue to practice your multiplication at home. Chapter 4 is ALL ABOUT multiplication. There will be a test on Wednesday, December 5th.
In Social Studies, we are learning about different landforms.
In grammar, adjectives are next on our list to learn.
As always, please, don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.